Billis_Endodontics presents: Diagnosis and Management of Emergencies of Endodontic origin
This course will provide an overview of the endodontic emergencies and ways of effective management in everyday practice. 1.5 h verified CPD – In English.
Time & Location
08 Feb 2023, 19:00 – 20:30
About the Event
Summary of the course
The majority of dental emergencies are related to pulpal and/or periapical pathology. This course is designed to enhance the knowledge required to accurately diagnose pulpal and periapical disease which presents with acute symptoms. It will also provide up-to-date and evidence-based information on the appropriate management including the use of antibiotics and analgesic medications.
To update on the diagnosis and management of emergencies of endodontic origin.
• Explain the diagnosis of, and classify, the different types of acute orofacial problems.
• Describe more in depth the acute endodontic (pulpal, periapical and dentoalveolar) problems and their immediate and long-term management.
• Recognise the possible pathways of infection spread, the anatomical structures and spaces which may become involved.
• Suggest treatment and antimicrobial/analgesic regimens for acute endodontic problems.
Recognise and define endodontic emergencies
Differentiate endodontic emergencies from other acute orofacial pain
Classification of pulpal and periapical diseases
Communication with the patient and other healthcare providers
Definitive treatment provision
Antibiotics in endodontics
Analgesics in endodontics
· Dentists, (General Practitioners / Specialists)
· Dental Therapists
· ORE / LDS Candidates
· Dental Students (Postgraduate / undergraduate)
Examination, Communication with patient, Diagnosis, Treatment planning, Management (A, B, C)
No pre-course reading material is required.
Should you have any enquiry regarding this course please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Penny Melitou
DDS, MSc (Endodontics), AssocFCGDent London, (GDC Reg No:262415)
Penny qualified as a dentist in Thessaloniki, Greece, in 2012 and has since worked both alongside specialist dentists, and as a General Dental Practitioner, here in the UK.
Overtime, she has developed a special interest in Endodontics and furthered her studies leading to a Master’s Degree in Endodontic Practice from Queen Mary University of London (QMUL). She has joined the teaching team on the subject of Endodontics at QMUL.
Penny provides a range of services in the field of Endodontics and is happily accepting referrals for challenging root canal treatments.
First 10 Tickets£12.00Sold Out