Billis_Endodontics presents: Endodontic Microsurgery Course – Online Only!
This course will provide an update on theoretical background and technical developments on endodontic microsurgery supported by life surgery. 7.5 h verified CPD – In English. Online Only Speaker: Dr George Billis
Time & Location
05 Jul 2023, 19:00 – 20:30
About the Event
Summary of the course
Recent advances in armamentarium, including micro-surgical instruments, newer materials, 3D imaging, improved magnification and light illumination, have greatly improved the outcome and predictability of endodontic surgery. Thus, the adoption of the modern endodontic microsurgery techniques represents a paradigm shift in the management of teeth in need of surgical endodontic management. This course is aimed at dentists wishing to gain knowledge, update their understanding, and observe the performance of endodontic surgery.
This course will be run on 2 days.
Day one: 5th July 2023 Wednesday - Theory – 19:00 to 20:30 – Online Zoom
Day two: 8th July 2023 Saturday – Practical Observation – 10:00 to 16:00 - Online Zoom
Links will be provided on the ticket.
To introduce the concepts and advances in modern endodontic microsurgery.
To update participant/s on current knowledge on treatment planning relevant to endodontic surgery and outline the procedural steps a combination of blended learning including clinical teaching.
· Examination, diagnosis and treatment planning.
· Soft tissue management - Incision techniques, flap elevation and closure, GTR.
· Crypt management – osteotomy, periradicular curettage, and root-end resection.
· Root end management - ultrasonic root-end cavity preparation and filling.
· Supplemental procedures - bone augmentation with/without PRGF.
· Review the role and value of endodontic surgery in aiding tooth preservation.
· Recognise the need for careful soft and hard tissue management.
· Describe the technical aspects of root-end resection and cavity preparation.
· Explain the choice of materials – properties, handling, and techniques including for root-end filling, bone grafting, and micro-suturing.
· Summarise the importance of post-operative care and assessment of surgical outcome.
· Relate the necessity for teamwork and good organisation in relation to endodontic microsurgery.
· Dentists, (General Practitioners / Specialists)
· Dental Therapists
ORE / LDS Candidates
· Dental Students (Postgraduate / undergraduate)
Examination, Communication with patient, Diagnosis, Treatment planning, Management (A, B, C)
No pre-course reading material is required.
Should you have any enquiry regarding this course please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr George Billis
BDS, PGDip (Endo); MSc (Endodontics); FGDP(UK) Mentoring in Dentistry; MFGDP (UK), FHEA, Specialist Member of ESE
Specialist in Endodontics
Clinical Lecturer, Postgraduate Endodontics,
Institute of Dentistry, Barts & The London School of Medicine and Dentistry,
Queen Mary University of London.
George is a registered specialist in Endodontics with the General Dental Council (GDC) and the European Society of Endodontology (ESE). He qualified from the University of Athens, School of Dentistry in 1991 and later gained the Diploma in Implants-Biomaterials, a qualification in “Mentoring in Dentistry” from the Faculty of General Dental Practice (FGDP UK) and an MSc in Endodontics from Queen Mary, University of London (QMUL).
He has been working mainly in private practices and served the NHS England, accepting referrals for Complex Endodontic Cases. Since 2009 has been providing Endodontic treatment at the Royal London Dental Teaching Hospital and he is a Clinical Lecturer at The Bart’s and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London, where he teaches Endodontics to undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Over the years he has developed a special interest in surgical endodontics and guided tissue regeneration, which has become his main field of practice and research.
First 10 Tickets
7.5 h Verified CPD Day one: 5th July 2023 Wednesday - Theory – 19:00 to 20:30 – Online Zoom Day two: 8th July 2023 Saturday – Practical Observation – 10:00 to 16:00 - Online Zoom£22.00Sold Out
7.5 h Verified CPD Day one: 5th July 2023 Wednesday - Theory – 19:00 to 20:30 – Online Zoom Day two: 8th July 2023 Saturday – Practical Observation – 10:00 to 16:00 - Online Zoom£28.00Sold Out
This event is sold out