Mastering Dental Dynamics: The Comprehensive Guide to Occlusion Excellence
Introducing 'Occlusion and Mastication' tailored for dental practitioners and their teams. This is a 1-hour online CPD course.
Time & Location
18 Jan 2024, 18:30 – 19 Jan 2024, 07:30
About the Event
Designed for dental professionals, clinicians, and their teams, this course provides a foundational introduction to occlusion and mastication. As part of our CPD offerings, it emphasizes the essential background knowledge required to address occlusal pathologies and their respective treatment options while avoiding complications. The course succinctly covers crucial factors influencing occlusion and the necessary procedures to meet patient expectations.
Aims & Objectives
This online CPD course aims to enhance your understanding of occlusion and the elements influencing it. It will:
- Introduce the foundational principles of occlusion.
- Highlight the complications associated with occlusal abnormalities.
- Offer practical tips for clinicians to manage patient cases more effectively and avoid common pitfalls.
- Detail examination procedures and clinical approaches to ensure proper treatment, backed by the science of reproducing occlusion.
- Emphasize the significance of occlusion in treatment outcomes, elucidating both its positive and negative impacts.
- Provide insights on simplifying occlusal considerations in treatment planning
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Communicate effectively with patients, ensuring clear understanding.
- Employ a practical approach to occlusal management.
- Set and manage patient expectations appropriately.
- Raise concerns proactively when identifying patients at risk.
- Conduct thorough examinations and devise comprehensive treatment plans.
- Collaborate efficiently with other members of the dental team.
- Recognize and identify factors leading to occlusal issues.
- Detect and fill gaps in information or patient history.
· Dental Therapists
· Dental Technicians
· Clinical Dental Technicians
· Dental Students
Treatment planning, patient exam, diagnosis & management (A, B, C)
No pre-course reading material is required.
Should you have any enquiry regarding this course please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For general enquiries for this course please contact email@example.com
Dr. Ali Nankali is a distinguished Clinical Reader in Digital Dentistry at the Barts and the London Medical and Dental School's Teaching and Innovation (Adult Oral Health) Centre. In addition to his academic pursuits, he holds the esteemed position of President at the UKDC-World Group.
Launching his academic journey in 1998, Dr. Nankali delved deep into Restorative Dentistry. His passion led to pivotal research and the introduction of innovative tools and techniques, including the Nankali Post System and Nankali bur. He further expanded the body of knowledge with his classifications related to mastication and veneers.
In 2004, Dr. Nankali earned his PhD from the National Medical University (NMU) in Kiev, Ukraine, where he also secured his credentials as a Specialist/Consultant in Prosthodontics. With a strong foundation in Engineering and extensive clinical experience in Prosthetics and Maxillofacial procedures, Dr. Nankali has contributed groundbreaking research to the understanding of masticatory force distribution and the mechanical strength of dental tissues. These accomplishments have rightly placed him in the limelight within the scientific community.
In his present role, Dr. Nankali mentors undergraduate, postgraduate, and PhD students while consistently leading CPD courses and conferences. His affiliations extend to professional associations including the Supreme Attestation Commission of Ukraine, British Dental Association (BDA), The UK General Dental Council, British Society for the Study of Prosthetic Dentistry (BSSPD), British Society for Restorative Dentistry (BSRD), and the European Prosthodontics Association.
For a comprehensive overview of Dr. Nankali's work and achievements, visit his official website.