Safeguarding Level 1/2
Recognising the Signs and Understanding the Responsibilities & Procedures for Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults. Fulfilling Responsibilities & Procedures for Safeguarding. 1.5h Course (English)
Time & Location
21 Nov 2020, 10:00 – 11:30
About the Event
This is a unique interactive online course for people works with vulnerable adults, or their families. It is essential to have the appropriate knowledge of how to safeguard them from harm.
Here you would have a safeguarding level and 2 training course that raise raises awareness of adult safeguarding and the key responsibilities for those individuals who work with vulnerable adults, or their families.
Aims & Objectives
The aim of this course is to ensure dental professionals understand their responsibilities and recognise Procedures for Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults.
We will review conventions which should be in place for effective safeguarding measures.
Learners will be able to
· Define a vulnerable adult/ adult at risk
· Recognise the signs of abuse
· Assess patients correctly and raise concerns when necessary
· Understand the affects and effects/ likelihood of a person being abused.
· Understand the role of Safeguarding and the Safeguarding team
· Understand how to raise a concern and how to robustly refer concerns about safeguarding.
· How to assess and raise concerns about safeguarding when required.
· Role of safeguarding lead
· How to refer safeguarding concerns within multidisciplinary teams.
· Dental Therapists
· Dental Technicians
· Clinical Dental Technicians
· Important for overseas qualified dentists who wants to work in the UK as a dentist
· Dental students would get benefits by attending this course
Treatment planning, patient exam, diagnosis & management (A, D)
No pre-course reading material is required.
Should you have any enquiry regarding this course please contact
Dr Mishaal Gill
PgCert Ed, MFDS RCS (Edin), BDS
Clinical Lecturer in Urgent Dental Care, Honorary Clinical Lecturer with Barts Health NHS Trust
Mishaal Gill completed her BDS from University of Manchester School of Dentistry, 2013. Having concluded Foundation Dental Training in the North West of England, went on to complete Dental Core Training (DCT1, DCT2 and DCT3) in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Mishaal has notably trained at Aintree University Hospital and Alder Hey Childrens’ Hospital. Her professional career has also involved teaching as an Honorary Clinical Teaching Fellow at Leeds Dental Institute for the Restorative and the Emergency Dental Department. This teaching involved supervision and facilitating safe, supportive, learning of undergraduate dental trainees. Having completed work across Primary, Secondary and Tertiary care Mishaals’ work also covered the provision of Special Care Dental Services in Lancashire and Merseyside.
She has passed Postgraduate examinations in order to become a Member of The Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh. Mishaal has completed a PGCert in Clinical Education in order to provide constructive evidence-based education.
This is the regular tickets for attendees.
This is the regular tickets for attendees. There is a limited number for this tickets so please book as soon as you can!