Sinus Floor Elevation (SFE): A Clinical Overview
This Course covers the safe planning, excecution and considerations for sinus floor elevation techniques in the maxilla. 1.5h Online verifiable CPD Course
Time & Location
05 Sept 2020, 10:00 – 11:30
About the Event
This Course is an introduction to sinus floor elevation and provides a clinical overview of Sinus Floor Elevation techniques, case selection, surgical considerations and likely complications.
Aims of lecture:
• Planning and Preoperative Assessment
Ø Medical history
Ø Clinical examination
Ø Radiographic examination
Ø Non-grafting alternatives to Sinus Floor Elevation
• Alternative Treatment options
• Overview of Materials and instrumentation options
• Overview of Surgical techniques for Sinus Floor Elevation
• Overview of Clinical recommendations
• Overview of Complications for procedure
- Prognosis of implants placed simultaneous with or after sinus floor elevation procedures (SFE)
- Provide a systematic preoperative assessment of patients undergoing SFE (including medical history, clinical and radiographic examination)
- Identification of local and systemic risk factors
- Clinical indications of the trans-crestal and lateral window technique
- Provide an overview of the biologic differences when using different grafting protocols
- Provide an overview of complications related to these procedures and tips on how to prevent and deal with these complications
Local and Time:
Zoom, 10:00 - 11:30 London time
This CPD lecture meets the criteria for the GDC’s development outcomes A, C and D.
Pre study is not required
CPD Course hours:
Hard & soft tissue management
Diagnosis & management
complications and solutions
Dentists and their team
Should you have any enquiry regarding this course please contact email@example.com
Mr Pejman Khaki
Pejman qualified from Bart’s and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of London after completing a Bachelor of Science degree in Neurosciences from Kings College, University of London. Since then he has spent several years in private and corporate practice treating patients in routine and general dentistry and gaining valuable experience alongside leaders in the field of dentistry. He has a keen interest in dental Implantology and accepts referrals from colleagues at Avalon Dental & Implant Centre in West Sussex.
He has gained the membership of the joint faculties of Dental Surgery and General Practice from the Royal College of Surgeons in England (MJDF RCS) as well as the faculty of Dental Surgery from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow. He was awarded an Honorary Clinical teaching position at King’s College Hospital and has been involved in teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels for a number of years.
Pejman has a postgraduate Diploma and a Master of Science degree in Dental Implantology from the University of Salford and is the ITI (International Team for Implantology) study club director for West Sussex, providing educational events and seminars for ITI members and Fellows in the UK.
He is a senior examiner at the Royal College of England and is a member of the joint examination core group committee, serving as the lead for the MJDF Part 2 examination. He was recently appointed to the MFDS examinations board at the Royal College of Surgeons of England and is the Co-lead for the part 2 of the new MFDS exam. In recognition of his work in dental education, The Faculty of General Dental Practice (FGDP UK) has award Pejman with a position on its Faculty Academy Board.
Pejman is a Committee Member on the board of BIDA UK (British-Iranian Dental Association) and has recently been appointed as its educational director.
This ticket is designed for qualified dentists and their team member such as Dental Hygienists, Dental Therapists and Dental Technicians.£19.00Sold Out
This event is sold out